Kathy D. Sheive Attorney at Law

Talk To An Experienced Attorney Call 407-624-5993

July 2015 Archives

How do I get my child support payments?

There are a couple different ways in which you can receive your child support payments. One of the most popular is by direct deposit into a checking or savings account. This allows you to transfer the funds between your accounts, use it with your bank's online bill pay feature or take advantage of having it deposited into an interest-bearing account.

What is the difference between legal and physical custody?

When parents divorce or separate, custody can quickly become a highly charged issue. It's common for both parents to want sole custody of the child, but it's important to understand exactly what that means. Most people know that joint custody means that both of the parents share custody and sole custody means that one parent had custody, but it's common to be confused about the differences between legal custody and physical custody and how these affect visitation.

Man not competent to seek divorce, millions of dollars at stake

It is a well-known fact that dementia changes the person it affects. In some cases, those changes are very dramatic. What some people might not realize is that when dementia affects you, it takes away certain abilities you have. One of those abilities is being able to be considered competent in the eyes of the law. The decision in the case of an elderly man with dementia shows how being declared incompetent can affect every aspect of your life, including your family life.

Back to Top